Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Name Change

Guess whose name is legally changed.....MINE IS!  The social security office in Ogden only comes here the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of every month so the place gets packed.  They start at 9:30 and I got there with Daisy just after 10.  (She came along because some moron spelled her name different on her birth certificate than on her social when she was born.  First AND middle name.  Seriously, people?)  Oh and I guess now I should call her Daysy since that's how it's spelled now.  Anyways I was number 45 and she was 46.  When they called number 41 I realized that I hadn't brought the CERTIFIED copy of our marriage license.  Just the gold souvenir thing that we signed.  Why do they give you a worthless piece of paper anyways???  Save the trees, yo.  So I grabbed another number as I left(65), and ran across the parking lot to the court house to get another certified copy.  FOR 9 BUCKS!  Anyways when I got back they were on number 52 but they got to my number really fast and everything else went great.

So then I went to the DMV to get a new drivers licence.  That went fine.  The lady kind of glared at me when she asked for my current one and I told her I lost it, but other then that it was great and they took a new picture (thank goodness!)  Oh, and for the record, I took my shoes off and measured myself on their measurer and I am 5 feet and 3 inches!  Take that, Mom!  Oh and I put that I weight 15 pounds less than I actually do, but seriously who doesn't lie about that?  So now on my social I am Josie P Iraheta and on my license I'm Josie Iraheta.  Which is pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment