Thursday, May 20, 2010

And now we wait. . . . .

My doctor appointment today was.....good?  Yeah.  I guess it was good.  The doctor hurt me a lot, but I'm hoping it was worth it.  I actually weigh 2 pounds less than my last few appointments, but my belly has grown 1 centimeter.  He felt around and says she's probably around 7 lbs 4 oz, give or take.  I'm dilated 3 centimeters and I'm 75% effaced.  He stripped my membranes.  I'm not exactly sure what that means, but it hurt like a mofo.  So I could possibly go into labor by tomorrow night, or she could hang in there longer.  We'll see.  If I haven't gone into labor by Wednesday I have another appointment and they'll probably start me on Thursday.  For about the last hour I've been having some pretty decent contractions about every 15 minutes, but nothing too exciting.  It would be great if I could go to sleep right now and wake up in a couple of hours with some major contractions going on, but who knows.  And I probably won't sleep anytime soon because I lay down and my mind starts going.  I guess I'll stay up and watch Craig Ferguson and just see what happens :)  I took some pictures today, but my phone is really lame and it's been in the process of sending them to my e-mail for like an hour now, so I'll put them up when it's convenient for my phone haha.

**One hour-ish later**

Guess my phone decided to behave so here you go.

 
Haha check out that lump that is my belly button!  It's not actually poking out.  My belly button is still a hole, but the skin around it is like.....I dunno.....protruding?  It's pretty insane.  If I wasn't concerned about totally grossing you out, I would show you, but it is pretty gross.  Plus, my belly button is the only place with stretch marks, and I'm not a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment