Saturday, May 8, 2010

Tour of Labor and Delivery

Alright so Thursday I had another doctors appointment.  Lame again!!!  I wasn't dilated at all.  After the appointment I went and took a tour of labor and delivery.  Umm.....it was awful.  I was doing really good at first.  The nurse giving me the tour was really nice and happy and stuff.  When we walked into one of the rooms I could feel tears welling up but I held them in.  I have this thing about crying in front of people.  I HATE CRYING IN FRONT OF PEOPLE!  It makes me feel weak and vulnerable.  Those are my least favorite feelings in the world.  So then she showed us the rooms where they do c-sections and I was still doing pretty good.  Then we got out in the hall and she got paged to go help deliver twins.  I heard the lady scream.  Oh. My. Gosh.  So she handed us off to this other nurse to finish the tour.  I found out this nurse is actually related to me.  I'm not sure how, but whatever.  So I don't remember what she said, but I lost it and I started crying.  As soon as my mom saw me crying, she started crying.  Then the nurse started hugging me and then my mom started hugging me and I was mad at myself for crying in public so I cried harder!  And since I was mad, I didn't really want to be hugged, just because that's another one of my great little quirks!  For some reason I just don't appreciate people comforting me when I'm mad and embarassed!  

The nurse asked me who I was going to have with me in the delivery room.  I said just my mom.  She asked me if I was going to keep the baby!  So then I was just crying harder.  Mommy to the rescue says "She getting married after the baby is born."  I start crying even more!  And then it's like 20 degrees hotter because I'm turning bright red and I say "I just want him to be here with me now for all this."  The nurse says "Where is he?"  I'm like "In Mex-i-cohohohoho."  It was so dramatic and awful.  So I just tried to gather myself and we walked towards the exit.  The nurse stopped us in front of the doors and she told me not to give my baby to anyone that doesn't have a pink name badge.  She said that they've never had an abduction at their facility but that I didn't want to be the first.  Okay, so let's scare the shit out of me!  Someone's gonna try to take my baby!!!  It was awful.  I cried all the way home.

I thought that maybe she would be born today.  My mom and my grama got my hopes up.  We went to lunch and I started having pains across my abdomen and in my back, but it felt a lot like when I had my first gallbladder attach.  But then the pain went away and then it came back.  So they were like OH MY GOODNESS!  And they were like, tell us when it gets worse and when it gets better and they were timing it and everything.  I didn't want to like start getting my hopes up, cause I was pretty sure that it was my gallbladder, but mom still says she's sure they were contractions.  So I dunno, we'll see what happens.  I haven't had any pains since like 3 o'clock.  Isai thinks she'll be born on Monday because that's Mother's Day in Mexico.  Soooo she can't be born on Monday because then Isai would be right, and we can't have that.  Haha, just kidding.  I let him be right sometimes ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment