Thursday, June 24, 2010

Month Old Model

It is now 12:41 AM on June 25th.  At 11:15 PM Isabel will be one month old!!! I can't believe it.

Today we had Isabel's first photo shoot.  It was pretty darn ghetto but I think the pictures are great :)  Me and my mom put a white blanket on our couch and used our own little fujifilm camera.  One of the best parts of doing your own is IT'S FREE.  And then you just go to Walmart (or, you know, somewhere else for all you Walmart haters) and print out as many as you want in the sizes you want and that's the only part that costs anything!!!  Well, and wardrobe, but Isabel's tutu was made by her aunt Ruth sooo it was free for me :)
This is her attitude pose.  She has her head turned away and her hand up like she's saying "Excuse me!  Who made the decision to switch from hypo-allergenic, non-scented whipees to these cheap ass aloe ones?" 

This is her annoyed face.  "Why is that stinky mutt curled up on my blankie?  Someone better put that dog in it's place and get that blanket washed STAT."
How could I deny that face anything?  This is why her Grumpa calls her 'Big Eyes'.
I think she looks like a baby fairy in this one :)

Anne Geddes babies got nothin' on my little angel ♥

So today my mom, me, and Isabel were in Walmart and I had her out of her car seat because she was getting fussy.  Then this lady, seriously from like, 15 feet away is like "Ohhh how old is baby?!" and she came scurrying towards us.  "Oh my, she is just so precious, look at that perfect little face."  Then she follows that up, in a perfect baby voice, with, "Why don't you just relax a little bit more?"  She then proceeded to roll her eyes (at herself, maybe?) and said "Let us be your students!"

...........??? <------  My thoughts exactly.

She then walked away and said "Have a nice day!"

My mom was like "Who was that?"  I said ".........I dunno."  And then we bought our gallon of paint and left.  It was kinda weird.  The lady seemed really nice.........just kinda special, too.

OH!  One more thing!  When people see a baby with a flower in its hair and it's wearing a dress and it has a pink car seat and a purple blanket.....
WHAT COMPELS PEOPLE TO ASK IF IT'S A BOY OR GIRL???  Seriously, this has happened so many times, and I'm just wondering what's wrong with people.  If a baby is completely naked except for a diaper, I can see why you would ask, but when I take Isabel out, she's pretty darn fancy!  And it's REALLY obvious that she's a girl!

Sometimes, I'm really concerned about people.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, you should have heard all the stupid things people said to me and KT when we took her twins out. "Oh, are they twins?" "Are you twins?" "Are they identical?" and then when you said yes, they are identical twins, "a girl and a boy?" No. That's not possible, but thanks for bothering me and the babies for twenty minutes Stranger. Way cute tutu though. I had no idea Ruth was so crafty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa- You should ask Leata tomorrow who it was that asked us! Haha. And point proven. Some people are idiots.

    Amanda-Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh.... she is too cute! I am so behind I can not believe I have not stopped by sooner to see her. She is so pretty!!! Is she a good baby? How are you doing? Are you still planning on going to Mexico? I am so behind! The pictures look great I thought they were from a studio until I read the post. I am going to try that. Congrats Josie!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crystal-Thanks :) She's a way good baby and she sleeps pretty good at night. I'm doing great too. As of a few days ago I decided the Mexico trip needs to be postponed :( I have some medical crap to take care of and I want to save up some more money.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What part of Mexico does he live in? I forgot.
    I went to Veracruz. Like a very ranch- country place and I loved it. I can not wait to go back

    ReplyDelete
  6. The northern part of Guerrero like right below Michoacan in Ciudad Altamirano.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh she looks soo cute! Love the new pictures of you and her together too. I'm not sure why some people really expect you to just hand over your baby over to them. Congrats on a new nephew too! How cool to have cousins so close in age.

    ReplyDelete