Monday, July 12, 2010

I'm done watching the news.

I should not watch the news when I'm having a bad day.  I get even more irritated because of all the stupidity that surrounds us.  Today a 3-year-old girl is in the hospital because she shot herself with a pellet gun.  They say it was a freak accident and the mother is devastated.  Okay, excuse me, maybe it's not my place, but WHO THE HELL LETS THEIR 3-YEAR-OLD PLAY WITH A PELLET GUN!!!  The pellet hit a vital organ and she instantly stopped breathing.  She is now in the hospital, and, thank goodness, she's in stable condition.  But really?  Some people shouldn't be allowed to reproduce.  I know I'm not going to be the perfect parent, but seriously.  Pellet gun. 3-year-old.  Unattended.  Come on now people.  I think I would let my nephews take care of my baby before I let these people near her and they're all 10 years old or younger.

Then there was another story based around, here we go again, illegal immigration.  I understand that illegal immigration is a problem, and I am in no way advocating it.  I think if people are coming here, they should do it the right way.  (Isai didn't, and now, well, you know.)  However, some people take their issues with immigration way too far.  Someone sent a list of approximately 13,000 names of 'suspected' illegal immigrants to local news stations and police departments.  Along with names there were also phone numbers, addresses, birthdays, and in some cases, supposed fake social security numbers.  There was no return address on the envelopes and it said it was from "Concerned Citizens of the United States".  It was postmarked Salt Lake City.  Why didn't these people have the juevos to reveal their true identities?  Because the only possibly way they could have access to all of that information is if they work for some government office, and releasing that information would be a total breech of, you know, security, or whatever.  What a bunch of jack asses.  A sheriff from Salt Lake County (I think) was questioned on his opinion.  If it's the same guy I'm thinking, I've been really impressed with him on several occasions.  He said what these people did was and is wrong.  He stated that in our country everyone is innocent until proven guilty, and that the people on this list probably didn't know they were on it and they had no way of defending themselves against the accusations.  Ugh.

Sorry for ending abruptly, but my brain is fried.  The last couple of days have been long ones, and today was probably the longest.  I just needed to unleash a little bit of crazy for a minute to help me calm down before I go to bed.

But one more thing, for those of you with kids: do you ever feel guilty for bringing them into such an awful world?  I wouldn't give up Isabel for anything, but it seems like things just keep getting worse.  Things we're facing now are worse than things our parents faced, and I'm having a hard time with the possibility of things being even worse for my baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment