Thursday, August 12, 2010

More Projects

So the other day I was looking through my laptop (I do all my blogging through my home computer because my laptop sucks monkeys) and I found a 'journal entry' in it dated October 10, 2009.  That was the day I found out I was prego!  And now I'm getting married on October 10, 2010.  Exactly one year from the day I found out I was going to have Isabel.  Crazy, huh?


So I'm taking on what feels like a billion projects right now.  The other day I went to the DI and I bought this totally hideous pink dresser for $15.  It's in the process of being transformed into something wonderful.  I'm planning on putting it in our kitchen or something and storing like linens and blankets and stuff like that in it.  I'll post pictures when it's done.  Also, from a previous post, remember that table my mom's uncle sold to us for $100?  Well, it has these hideous green cushions, which I am going to recover.  I picked out the material yesterday and it matches the paint that I'm using for the dresser.  Add those two projects to everything going on with the wedding and trying to find a job (which sucks, by the way) and with Isabel, I have pretty much no me time.  But that's okay, I need to keep busy.


Anyway, about this stupid job search: I've been looking for a job since Isabel was about 2 weeks old.  I bet I've filled out 15 applications and sent my resume to 10 different places.  I finally got an interview last week for a photographer position at a little studio.  I have no experience but they said they would train the right person, and they had two openings.  I did a group interview with 2 other ladies.  They said I would hear from them by Wednesday if I got the job.  Today is Thursday.  No phone call.  Damn it.  I sent my resume in last night for a receptionist position at a pediatric dentist office.  Crossing my fingers and checking my e-mail like every 30 minutes.  I NEED A JOB!

1 comment:

  1. que guapos! I just updated on everything that's going on...and you two look soo good together! Who knew that Mr. Right was there with you the whole time! How cool is that he's the one who was always there for you and Isabel. You look GOOD in those pictures too! Congrats on the wedding....sooner is always better than later!

    ReplyDelete