Friday, April 23, 2010

The 'Countdown' Begins

As of today I'm at the beginning of my 37th week :)  So approximately 4 weeks to go.  However, I don't think I'm gonna make it that 4 weeks.  I don't wanna jinx myself but I'm thinkin this baby could be here in 2.  Partly because so far in my pregnancy, I have been exactly the same as the way my mom was, and she delivered all of her babies 14-16 days early.  I'm not absolutely positive, but I'm about 90% sure that on Tuesday that mucus plug came out.  Which kind of grossed me out and so I didn't tell my doctor about it yesterday because I was kind of embarassed about it.  After my appointment, though, I told my mom and she was like "I told you that when you're pregnant your dignity goes out the window and you don't need to be embarassed."  Well, forgive me for trying to hang on to just a little bit of it.  Anyways, I guess the mucus plug can come out anytime a couple of days to a couple of weeks before labor.
Then last night I felt like the baby was pushing outwards above my belly button really really hard and so I was kind of poking my belly and telling her to move, and my mom was like "Are you contracting?"  Psh, I don't know.  The doctor asked me if I had been contracting and I was like uhhhh I don't think so, but I don't really know.  I didn't really know what it would feel like to contract I thought it would feel like menstrual cramps because someone told me once that's what it was like.  So my mom was feeling my belly and it was hard allllll overrr.  She got all excited and gave me her watch and told me to time them.  It only happened like 4 times and then I quit paying attention.
Tonight I've had maybe like 7, but I'm not really sure.  I'm still not really sure what I'm feeling for.  But I guess when it's the real thing I'll know.  I'm having my first baby shower on Sunday afternoon so I would really appreciate it if she would wait until after that haha.  I need a diaper bag and bedding for the crib, and I need to buy the carseat.  Anytime after that, I'll be ready haha.  
Goodness, we're expecting about 80 people on Sunday to come to my house.  Talk about a giant baby shower.  It's mostly because after she's born I'm going to have her blessed and then after church, traditionally, in my family we have a big barbecue.  I was planning on inviting all my friends from Utah State to it, but by then school will be over and some of my friends will have gone back to wherever they're from so they wouldn't be able to come.  New York, California, and the Dominican Republic are kind of far away to just come back for a baby shower haha.  So the baby shower on Sunday is going to be co-ed.  I'm inviting all of my friends from the University and all of the people that I used to work with at Costa Vida, because, let's face it, those ladies are some of the coolest people I've ever met!!!  There is going to be tonsss of comida.  I'm even going out on a limb when it comes to the food.  I'm not even that good at cooking American food, but I've stalked up on tortillas de maiz, carne, jalapenos, cilantro, and all that other good stuff and we're having tacos!!!  I'm even gonna try to make this yummy green salsa that my friend always makes to put on tacos.  Anyways, tomorrow me and Mom are going to go buy the rest of the groceries and I think we're gonna make all of the food except for cooking the carne because all the other stuff we can just refrigerate and set out when everyone gets here.  It's gonna be a crazy busy day.   

1 comment:

  1. I hope you had a great baby shower! I'm impressed that you guys were doing tacos! Good luck with Labor!

    ReplyDelete