Sunday, April 18, 2010

One Year

It's amazing how much one year can do.  A year ago today Isai and I met for the first time face to face.  As mentioned in a previous post, he pretty much had me from hello even though I wouldn't admit it.  When I think of who I was a year ago and who I am today, the difference is amazing.  Meeting him changed my life more than I could have ever imagined.  When I think of where I might be if I hadn't met him, I realize that in a way, he was my saving grace.  I've never felt about any other person the way I feel about him. 
If any of my previous boyfriends had ended up in jail awaiting their deportation, I know that I would have broken it off and that would have been the last of it.  Some people think I stayed with him just because I was pregnant.  But let the record show, that he was in jail for two months before I knew that we were expecting.  I was already planning my trip to Mexico.  I was going to go in December as soon as the semester was over to meet his family and to be with him for Christmas, and then come home in time for the spring semester.  Then I found out I was pregnant and plans were changed. 
I honestly can't remember the exact date of when we were 'official'.  But April 18 was really the day that turned my life inside out and upside down.  I can't say I'm completely happy with our current situation, being in seperate countries and all, but I don't want to know what would have happened to me if I never would have met him.  I also couldn't be more grateful for our baby girl that's on the way, and I so look forward to our future with her.
Te amo Isai Montufar, nunca lo olvides.
I took this picture of us the other day while we were talking on webcam.  Lame, I know, but it makes me feel better.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I have tons of web cam pictures like this. I even have ones where Alana our oldest was kissing the screen so she could give him kisses and feeding him with her play fork. Hang in there this is such a hard time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I am so glad I'm not the only one haha.

    ReplyDelete