Friday, February 12, 2010

Road Rage & My Love Story

I need to vent. This is more or less a shout out to that dumb ass driving the Nissan Titan today that almost hit me and my mom. We were going over the speed limit and you were still riding in our back seat. When we signaled to make a left turn we couldn't go yet because there were cars coming towards us in the other lane, but that's okay because I suppose your head was so far up your ass that you couldn't see them. Then I rolled down the window and showed you my favorite finger, which you almost took with you because you passed so close to the side of our vehicle. Then you actually had the nerve to roll down your window and give me the finger! I would just like you to know that I had already rolled the window back up or I'm pretty sure you would have heard the obscenities I was screaming at you, which not only upset my mother, but my baby lodged one of her limbs in my rib to let me know that by yelling at you, I cannot relieve you of your immense stupidity. You're very lucky my mom was driving or I would have forgotten the left turn and followed your fancy ass to wherever you were going and you would have had an extremely angry pregnant woman to deal with. I hope you feel good about yourself.

Anyways, for all of you that read yesterday's entry and for some reason you're just dying to read the story of how I met my fiance, here you go;
Sometime in early April, I was at my friend Daisy's house watching a movie with her and her cousin Giovanni. I received a phone call from an unfamiliar number. Most people would have ignored it, but I enjoy mysterious phone calls from strangers so I answered. The man on the other end didn't speak any English, but I wasn't really surprised so I went to the kitchen and decided to continue with the conversation. He told me his name, which I didn't understand, so I just ignored it because I really didn't care that much. He said he lived in Hyrum with his brother, Francisco, and that he had just moved here from California. When I asked him where he got my number he said he found it scratched into a table at the Fun Park (like I was really going to believe that). Honestly, I don't remember much else from the conversation because I couldn't really hear that well and I wasn't all that interested, but I guess I agreed to a date. The following Sunday, April 12, was my 18th birthday. What I did isn't really all that important to the story. On Tuesday the 14th I started 'going out' with a guy from my school. We'll call him Mario. He was on the run from the cops. (I really knew how to pick em) That same night he was arrested and taken to Juvi. I was planning on waiting for him or whatever, but my plans got changed especially after I heard that he was going to be locked up for 2 years. Since my boyfriend was unavailable I decided going to a dance that Saturday with the mystery caller was an OK idea. I was going to pick him up, I don't know why, but I didn't know where he lived so he met me at the McDonald's in Hyrum and we went to the dance at Blackstone. I remember dancing to Amor Te Amo by Tierra Cali, Por Amarte Asi, Dame Tu Amor, and Por Tu Amor by Alacranes Musicales. I fell in love with him to those songs even though I wouldn't admit it to myself for a while. In the middle of the dance we sat outside for a while to cool off. He told me straight out that he had gotten married when he was 14, but was in the process of divorce, and that he had two sons. Isaac is 5 and Edwin is 4. He left Mexico right after Edwin was born.
When I took him home we talked some more. He asked me to be his girlfriend right off and I told him no, because I had told myself I would never get serious with someone that didn't have papers. Then he asked if he could steal a kiss. I said no. I remember looking at his eyes. They were the color of fresh honey and they stood out next to his black hair and extra dark skin. His smile was captivating, but I forced myself to ignore it. Within 2 1/2 weeks i agreed to be his girlfriend. And the rest is history in the making.

No comments:

Post a Comment