Thursday, March 11, 2010

Don't Marry You're Orthadontist

Okay, so I was really bored and decided to look around on Facebook at kids that went to my high school.  You need to understand, first of all, I used to hang out with the popular kids until about 9th grade.  Then I got sick of them.  Anyways, when I quit hanging out with them I ended up hanging out with kids that teachers hated, the nerds were kind of afraid of, and the popular kids wouldn't talk to.  But I liked them!!! 

*Disclaimer*-The following is kind of a generalization and I'm not saying that everyone turned out like this.

Anyways, I was looking around and I think half of the guys that were on the football team, still have their main profile picture as a picture of them playing football.  Not college football.  It's not like they've moved on or anything.  They're pictures that I'm pretty sure I saw in the local paper in the sports section, maybe even during junior or sophomore year.  Yeah, I guess that's pretty cool to be in the paper.  I would save stuff if I was ever in the paper.  But seriously???  MOVE ON PEOPLE!!!  These are gonna be the guys that end up working for all of the smart kids that they picked on and they're gonna be really fat and just sit around and dream about what a great NFL player they could have been if they would have been smart enough to get into college and then somehow be discovered by some NFL coach.  Another sad thing, is that they're not even gonna be fat from sitting around and drinking beer.  They're gonna be fat because they got some cute little mormon wifey that makes brownies every Sunday to go with her fried chicken and green jello salad.  Yeah.  Welcome to Utah. 

Another thing I noticed, was that, HOLY SHIT! a TON of girls that were my age are already married.  That's understandable, and I don't think there's anything wrong with getting married young, obviously, I mean look at where I am.  And Isa is about 4 years older than me, but some of these girls married guys that look like they're old enough to be their dads!!!  Seriously.  If you're only 18 or 19, don't marry a guy that looks like he's old enough to have been your orthadontist back when you were in 6th grade.  If you want money, marry a guy that's still in the process of becoming an orthadontist.  You'll have student loans up the ass, but they'll get payed off quick when he graduates. 

It kind of seems to be a trend where I live.  Small, but rapidly growing, predominately LDS community in Northern Utah.  It's like girls graduate from high school and immediately start looking for a returned missionary and if they can't find one that just got back, they go for the ones that have been back for YEARS and haven't gotten married cause there's something wrong with them. 
Maybe I'm just being judgemental, but this is just the way I see things.  Statistically, men die younger than women do anyways, so don't go marrying some guy that's gonna die before your kids graduate from high school.

*Disclaimer #2*-I don't have anything against LDS(mormon) people or those cute little mormon wifeys.  I am LDS, my family is LDS, and my cute little mormon wifey grama makes some kick ass fried chicken and brownies!

2 comments:

  1. haha..that's funny! I can tell your serious, but I like the way you put it! Thats what's so fun about facebook...seeing how people from highschool turned out. (which wasn't that long for you) 10 years ago people actually had to go to their reunions to find out. Not today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I know, really! The sad thing is I graduated 2009! It hasn't even been a year!

    ReplyDelete