Thursday, March 4, 2010

Orange Death.....I mean.....Glucose Test.

That's right.  Today I had a doctor's appointment and I had to do the damn test for gestational diabetes.  That orange drink they give you is awful!!!  I kept saying 'orange jello, orange jello' and then I would take another gulp.  "orange jello, orange jello, orange jello" *GULP*  But I got that damn thing finished in 5 minutes and I did not throw up.  I was pretty proud of myself.  When I finished the drink I had 50 minutes until my appointment so I was running erronds with my mom.  We exchanged some shoes at Shopko for my grama and then I had to pee.  But I wasn't allowed to!!!  30 minutes to go.  I had to wait until my appointment because I had to pee in a damn cup!  At the women's center they don't even have those sterile cups like at the lab.  There's a stack of plastic cups in the bathroom and a sharpee that you have to write your name on the cup with.  Lucky for me the lady today gave me a stick on label.  Anyways.  30 minutes to go and we went to Walmart.  Mom and Dad are going to Nashville in March so we were picking up some travel bags for mom's tooth brush and stuff like that.  Sooo we get everything we need and head to the check out line.  Someone 3 people ahead of us, in the process of checking out, is buying a vaccum.  Then they realize it's not the vaccum that they wanted.  So the cashier called someone from the service desk.  10 minutes until my appointment.  The person from the service desk showed up to take the vaccum and go look for the one they wanted.  8 minutes.  The lady decided to pay for the rest of her things and go to the back of the line to wait for the service dude.  7 minutes.  I'm dancing around trying not to pee my pants.  Mom gave me the keys and told me to go get the car and wait for her by the doors.  5 minutes.  I have the car waiting, Mom comes and gets in the car and we take off.  We pulled into the hospital woman's center parking lot with 1 minute to spare.  I went up the the desk and told the lady I finished the drink at 1:21 and I asked her if I could go to the bathroom.  "No, they're going to take a urine sample, but they'll call you really soon to draw your blood."  DAMN IT!!!  I sat in a chair with my legs crossed as far as they would go and the baby started kicking my bladder!!! But then the lady came out and called my name to get my blood drawn.  I hate needles.  She was really fast though, and she didn't miss my vein, but then she left the needle in my arm for longer than expected and my dumb ass turned and looked at it!  My mom said the color drained out of my face.  I believe her.  Finally she pulled it out and wrapped me up and the other nurse came and SENT ME TO THE BATHROOM!!!!!  Holy Mary, mother of Abraham Lincoln, FINALLY!!!  I still had to worry about getting some of it in the damn cup though and that isn't really one of my best skills.  But I did it!!!  And I finally got to relieve my bladder!!!  Anyways, the doctor says everything is great, my stomach measured at 28 centimeters, which is just right, I'm finally putting on a little bit of weight, which is awesome, finally and Baby Bel's heart beat was 140.  :)  I'm a happy mommy.  I texted Isa, and of course he didn't get it, but he texted me to call me goodnight a couple hours ago and when I texted back he actually got it!!!  We get to talk tomorrow :)  Oh, and my best friend Melo and her baby boy are coming home from Georgia tomorrow!  Yay!  Well.  Peace out for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment