Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My Ghetto Car

Bad News: The Late, Late Show tonight is a re-run.  Damn it.

Sooo, I have this thing, where I like to draw as much attention to myself as possible.  I have this other thing, where when I get attention, my face and my arms turn like a billion different shades of red.  Then there's this one other thing where I love, love, love music and my favorite music to listen to just happens to be in Spanish.  Sooo, when I first started going out with Isai, I noticed that he had two twelve inch subs and an 800 watt amp in his car.....I liked them.  I just happened to mention once how much I liked them, and he was like, Oh, well I'm selling them, but you can have them in your car until I find someone to sell them to.  OKAY!!!  

So Isai and one of our friends were going to install them for me.  The stereo that I had in my car didn't have a hook up for an amplifier, so they took out my stereo and put the stereo from Isai's car into mine and hooked everything up.  Now, I'm not sure what happened, but after everything got hooked up, the lights on the ceiling of my car didn't work.  You know, the ones that turn on when you open the door.  It was kind of irritating, but I could live with it.

Isa decided he wanted to fix it because he borrowed my car one night and needed to use the lights, but they didn't work.  So when he fixed it, instead of taking out the stereo and looking at what happened back there that made the lights turn out in the first place, he took out the lights.  In the process of taking out the lights, he broke the stuff that holds them in the ceiling so he couldn't put them back in.

A couple weeks ago I finally had a friend look at it and somehow he made the lights work and he got them to stay in the ceiling.  Well the other day I went out to my car and the lights were just dangling from the ceiling.  I laughed pretty hard cause it was slightly ridiculous looking.  My ass was to lazy to go back in the house so I called my mom and told her to bring me some duct tape and scissors, and I taped that shit back up.  

Currently, it's March in northern Utah.  That means the sun heats up my car and it gets up to a whopping 53 degrees during the day, but at night it still drops below freezing sometimes.  
When it's cold the duct tape holds up pretty well.  But I guess when it warms up the sticky stuff melts or something and the lights fall out of my ceiling again and there's just stuff hanging out.  It looks really, really ghetto.  So I took some pictures so you can understand just how ridiculous this is. 

2 comments:

  1. haha you crack me up! I'm glad you stumbled across my page. :) hey how did you get your header to have a photo in it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm i'll try to remember how i did it and i'll let you know

    ReplyDelete